Today we are releasing "Stories" to all iOS and Android Apps. Check it out!
We've taken the concept of stories fans are used to seeing in instagram, facebook and snapchat and brought it to you and your users. Stories are a flexible feature that allows you to publish content (exclusive if you want) for fans including interactive elements like Trivia and Polls. With scheduling and easy admin you can program entire packages for gameday, tv events, and more...
Stories also create many new sponsorship opportunities. With the ability to Insert full screen ads (with impression, and click tracking), add a presenting sponsor to Trvia or gather sponsor data via polls. Sponsorship inventory has doubled with this release.
Watch more about stories including how to create stories for your apps
But wait there is more! With the expectation of limited or no attendance at 2020 sporting events we have been working to make the second screen experience of our apps compelling and rewarding for fans at home. We will launch the next evolution of our apps this summer including:
- Support for non-attended events on TV, Streams, Radio, and online
- Fans will be able to check in to events they watch on TV/Streams/Radio and earn more points for continuing to watch at intervals you set during the games
- Fans can favorite events and recieve automatic reminder push notifications
- Video stories: share exclusive clips, interviews, or ads as video stories
- Interactive Video Stories: Add quiz buttons to videos and award points for answers. Example: Host asks a trvia question via a prerecorded video, buttons appear on screen at the right time and fans answer for points. Example: Animated drone race video for sponsor, fans get buttons to pick a winner, when the red drone wins, fans with the correct guess are awarded points. With this feature you will be able to replicate many if not all the in game elements you would normally do on a videoboard. Contact us to discuss your specific promotions
- Pick em' Stories: Setup Pick em' games for any statistic you create (First goal, score at the half, player rushing yards etc...). You'll have the option to award a set number of points for a correct answer or let fans spend points to play, winning a certain multiple for correct answers
- Photo contests: Fan's use the app to submit photos either during games or for specific themed contests. Explore the gallery in the app, award winners points, and participation points
Beta versions will go live for clients in July followed by full release in early August. Many more details to come, please join us at office hours some time this summer.
A Message from Co-Founder Jason Cole
I can’t tell you how excited I am for the new features FanMaker has rolled out for our clients in this time of uncertainty. Over the last 12 years, we’ve strived to put our clients’ mission first and be an ally to your challenges every step of the way. At this time, I am stepping down as CEO of Fanmaker to focus on other projects I am passionate about.
Jonathan, the best partner I could have ever dreamed of working with, is taking over as CEO, I will be his strategic advisor, continue to have ownership, but not be involved in the business day-to-day. I have full faith in his ability to lead FanMaker the next 12+ years as I have the last. As always, Fanmaker will continue its focus on how our products can best help you and your fans have a closer relationship.